Sunday 31 May 2015

Hello Summer...

Hey everyone,

I am saying summer as I am hoping the horrible weather we have picks up and brings us a glorious June. June is one of my favourite months of the year as people are finishing exams and leaving school or Uni and its the start of the UK's festival season. A few little festivals have already kicked off (Slam Dunk and Radio 1's Big Weekend) June officially marks the start of all things festival. The past month I have been very quiet as I had a lot going on with exams, moving house and starting my new job. I also have been completing a Cardiff Bucket List of fun things to do in the city I called home for 3 years, check it out here and here. This post is all about the things I am looking forward to this month.

Festivals:
As I had mentioned before June really marks the start of festival season in the UK and some of the biggest festivals all fall in this month. These are Isle of Wight, Download and Glastonbury. Isle of Wight Festival is situated in Newport on the Isle of Wight from the 11th-14th of June. It is the ultimate indie festival with music spanning from all genres. This years headliners are Blur, Fleetwood Mac, The Black Keys and The Prodigy. They also have special guests which include Pharrell Williams and Paolo Nutini, this makes me very happy. I always fall in love with this line up every year and I still haven't been. Maybe as it is a long way to travel on top of the price of the festival, but hopefully one year I will go. However this year I am looking forward to watching this festival on the TV and no doubt regretting not saving up for a ticket.
Download Festival is situated in Derby from the 12th-14th of June. Clashing with Isle of Wight it is quite rare that fans of each festival will have to pick between them. This is due to Download being known for hard rock music which isn't covered widely by Isle of Wight. This years headliners are Slipknot, Muse and KISS. All bands that I really do like. Normally I wouldn't look twice at Download as I am not a massive fan of the music there. However, this year I can see a lot of bands of the line-up that I really enjoy, like Mallory Knox, Enter Shikari and Fightstar. They are also featuring a tattoo parlour at the festival this year with full after care. That is definitely something that puts this festival ahead of others, because whats better than getting a tattoo to remember the experience of having the best weekend of your life?
Glastonbury Festival does not need any introduction. Situated in the wonderfully quaint town of Glastonbury, this festival is the mother of all UK festivals that falls on the 24th-28th June. It has music from all genres and is a festival for everyone. Young or old, with or without family, its perfect. This years stand out acts (for me) are Foo Fighters, Kanye West, and Alt-J. There are many more like Lionel Ritchie that I am beyond excited to hear about. This years line-up has definitely been the most varied and controversial after the petition to get rid of Kanye. I personally think its going to bring a fresh younger audience to the festival and it mixes things up really well. Also it would be pretty cool to see Kim K stage side. Again like Isle of Wight I am so excited to catch highlights on the TV and hopefully I will not be disappointed (I know I wont be).

Film:
June also see's the release of lots of amazing looking films. Three I am really looking forward to seeing are Spy, Jurassic World, and Minions. Spy is an amusing take on all the serious action films around making it something I am beyond excited to see. Starring Jason Statham, Jude Law and Melissa McCarthy this film shows how an unexpected CIA-analyst having to go undercover to help save the world from an evil arms dealer. I recently saw the trailer while in the cinema and that alone had me in stitches. I am excited to see this trio work together, as typically the films they work are so different. Hopefully the collaboration works as well as I am hoping it does and doesn't flop. Out in cinemas 5th June.
Jurassic World comes around 22 years after the original incidents of Jurassic Park, where the dreams of it becoming a tourist attraction for the world, have come to life. However in order to keep people coming the park has to get more exciting attractions and this backfires leading to more dinosaur related destruction. With Chris Pratt being the big star of this film, I am super excited to see him being serious and saving us from dinosaurs. I have always been a fan of the original Jurassic Park and it will be interesting to see what they have made of it now, and if it is is as good. Out in cinemas 11th June.
Minions shows us how the minions began and how they evolved through time just like us humans. The film follows Kevin, Stuart and Bob on their quest to find a new villain to work for and leads them to help the evil Scarlet Overkill and her husband Herb attempt to take over the world. As this is before Gru we all know they went on to find someone else, but how? did the plan work? what did the cute minions have to do in this plan? All questions I am hoping will be answered once I get myself to the cinema and watch the film. This is bound to be a firm favourite for all the family. Out in cinemas 26th June.

Thats what I am looking forward to this month, is there anything you are particularly excited about this month? Let me know on Twitter or Instagram. Wednesday I'll be doing a post on my trip to Liverpool and it was very interesting indeed.

See you Wednesday,

Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment