Monday 25 May 2015

Mays top 10 songs...

Hey everyone,

I have taken a little over a week out of blog writing to get settled at home and in my new job. Now I have had some time to myself I can get back into my usual writing again. I am going to start this all off again with my top 10 songs of this month. Music has been my background to my walks to work, my packing and unpacking, a lot so far this month. Although I am listening to a lot of my top 10 from April there are a few more songs that are slipping through.

1. Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) - OMI
Everywhere I go I seem to hear this song at the moment. It is super catchy and I find myself singing it to myself in the shower, the bath, even writing this blog post now. Although I am loving this right now I will probably hate it in a few weeks due to how catchy it is. However for now it is my song of the moment and never fails to get me in a good mood and ready to dance.

2. Bills - LunchMoney Lewis
This song is just great. Its cool, sassy and funky. It makes me want to dance and I can definitely relate to having bills (adult life sucks). It changes your mood instantly even if the subject of the song is a little depressing. I will be dancing to this song for a long long time, its going to be a favourite for sure.

3. Bad Blood (ft. Kendrick Lamar) - Taylor Swift
I couldn't have ignored this one. With massive Instagram hype after it seemed like every one was getting involved in the video it was safe to say I was super excited for the video. The original track on the album is brilliant and the re-vamp with Kendrick Lamar is just as amazing and fits the song so well. If you haven't seen the video (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?) check it out, its a masterpiece. A personal favourite is seeing one of my favourite models Lily Aldridge as Frostbyte. Its a true girl power hit.

4. Someone New - Hozier
I spent all of yesterday on the sofa watching Radio 1's Big Weekend highlights and one of my personal favourite sets was Hozier's. I have been in love with this mans soothing voice since I heard Take Me To Church months ago and Someone New is definitely one of my favourites off his album. Seeing it live (well on the TV) has made me determined to see him sometime soon, and maybe marry him, please?! This more upbeat track is perfect for chilled drinks in the garden and its definitely a summer anthem for me.

5. Mess is Mine - Vance Joy
I am completely in love with Vance Joy's voice. This song is a perfect folky, indie song. It makes me want to dance around, and have one too many ciders in the garden with friends. It is such a feel good song and hopefully it will be a big hit in the UK sometime soon. Watch out for Vance as he is currently touring with Taylor Swift and hopefully will be hitting the UK on his own tour sometime soon. Ill be waiting for that announcement just hoping it comes sooner rather than later.

6. She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
This is a little blast from the past but I have been re-listening to a lot of Maroon 5 recently as I am seeing them live Friday in Liverpool. I am super excited to finally see one of my favourite bands in the flesh. I always listen to this song and it never gets old in my eyes.

7.  1 Thing - Amerie
Before I left university and my house of fabulous ladies we went on a massive Kisstory hype. Which meant we were reliving lots of the RnB we listened to when we were a little younger. Ever since this night I have been listening to this song non-stop. It reminds me so much of dancing around my room as a young tween and it still makes me feel sassy to this day.

8. F**kin' Problems (ft. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar) - A$AP Rocky
This song brings out my inner G. I hear this song and suddenly I feel as hard as nails and ready to do anything. Its a good party hit if you need something to make you feel sassy or hard. I mean who doesn't love bad b*tches ey?

9. C'est La Vie - B*Witched
I recently travelled to Portsmouth to catch up with some of the girls I went to camp with. During this time we caught up and listened to many of the songs we listened to while out in America. One of these was C'est La Vie as we had a 90's/00's night and we were super close to making our own video to this song. Since seeing the girls I've been filling the campless hole in my heart with this song. It brings back some of the best memories.

10. Best of You - Foo Fighters
After watching Foo's performance at Big Weekend last night (and crying my eyes out because I wasn't there) I have been singing this around the house. Its cheating a little as I haven't been listening to this all month but I know after last night I will be listening to it a lot more. Plus you can never have too much Foo Fighters in your life.

Have you been listening to anything non-stop this past month? Do you think any of my choices should be changed? Let me know on Twitter or Instagram.

See you Wednesday,

Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment