Sunday 3 May 2015

Last minute revision tips...

Hey everyone,

Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend. I for one am not living my bank holiday weekend to it's true potential due to exams being on the horizon. If you are in a similar position to me you will love this blog post. It is all on revision tips to help you through exam time.

1. Take regular breaks.
 (Image from Pinterest)
Staring at a screen or notes constantly for hours will not help you retain any information. If you are reading through notes aim for short sessions with a small break or if you are making notes from Powerpoints complete a whole powerpoint (if it isn't 100's of slides long) and reward yourself with a half an hour break. In this break scroll through social media, watch an episode of something on Netflix (friends is on there now, yay) or take a quick 10 minute nap. I say take a nap as this apparently helps you retain information. Anything for a bit more sleep ey?

2. Motivation.
(Image from Pinterest)
If you don't have motivation to revise you wont want to do it and that wont help you pass your exams. Something I do is buy a bag of sweets/chocolate that have lots of individual ones (crispy m&m's are perfect). Then every few slides you make notes on or pages of notes you read, treat yourself with one of your sweets or chocolate. Rewarding yourself every so often will keep you going to the next few slides just for the next reward. Just try not to eat the whole bag on your first treat.

3. Take it outside.
(Image from Pinterest)
There is nothing worse than looking out the window while revising and seeing people enjoying the sunshine but that doesn't mean you cant join them. Grab your suncream and head out in the garden with your notes and get cracking. This will make revision seem a little more fun. However, the weather has not been too great lately so lets hope it picks up so we aren't stuck inside all day.

4. Keep hydrated and eat well.
(Image from Pinterest)
BRAIN FOOD IS KEY. If you are stuffing your face with sugary motivational treats you need to be sure that you are being healthy in your actual meals. This will help you have the energy to do all your revision and help your brain retain all the information. I am awful for letting my diet go downhill during exam season so I ensure I am keeping hydrated with lots of water to make up for it.

5. Sleep well.
(Image from Pinterest)
This is key especially the night before the exam. As I mentioned before sleep helps you retain information so it is essential that you are getting 8 hours AT LEAST. I have also found that reading over some notes before I go to bed (instead of scrolling twitter) really helps and actually makes me more sleepy.

I hope these tips help and that you all pass the exams you have with flying colours. Unfortunately due to my exams I will not be doing my usual Wednesday post next week. I will however, be back on Sunday. Also on a more serious note just a reminder that Thursday 7th May (in the United Kingdom) it is election day. If you are registered to vote, please make sure you get down to your nearest polling station and vote. If you aren't sure who to vote for or where to vote all the information is here.

See you in a week,

Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment