Monday 10 August 2015

Lost in London...

Hey everyone,

As part of my self love summer I said I was going to be a bit more spontaneous and finally I did it. A few weeks ago I woke up checked my bank balance and decided I would head to London for the day. I had been dying to go to the Natural History Museum as I haven't been in years so what better of an excuse to head up on the train and go have a look.
(Left: Natural History Museum and Right: Peter Pan statue in Hyde Park)
The first real decision I had to make was whether I needed to top my oyster card up. It was a great day so I opted to walk around London and take more of the scenery in. It wasn't too long of a walk and I got to the Natural History Museum, although there were big queues I got in very quickly. I really wanted to see the dinosaur exhibition, as I am a massive dinosaur fan. However, with it being the school holidays and Jurassic World just being released (Thanks Chris Pratt) it was very popular and after a bit of a wait I got to go in. The exhibition was incredible with different dinosaur skeletons and animatronics along a walk way suspended above the information. I learnt so much about dinosaurs and I was really impressed with the giant T-rex.
(Left: WHALES, Right: My favourite dinosaur)
The dinosaurs weren't the only thing I checked out, I also had a look at the mammals exhibition. Just for the whales skeletons, sorry! It was really cool, lots of different whales and dolphins suspended from the ceiling and lots of other animals dotted around. I found out loads about different animals and walked away feeling very intellectual.
(Left: Carnaby Street, Right: My beautiful burrito from Chipotle)
After I spent some time wandering around the museum I decided to do a spot of shopping down Oxford Street and Carnaby Street. Some of the items I got feature in my payday post. I felt like a true London girl (I even got asked for directions so I must have looked the part too). After some shopping I was in desperate need for food and after finding out the Chipotle had UK branches I made it my mission for some burrito loving. It was everything I hoped for and more. With so many choices I opted for a chicken burrito with brown rice, pinto beans, medium salsa, cheese, sour cream and of course guac (YES I KNOW ITS EXTRA, sorry). It was heaven, I managed to finish every bite and was each one was just as delicious as the first. It is officially my favourite Mexican chain now and I cannot wait for my next one.
(Left: Just a spot of shopping, Right: Everyone really wanted to go to the dinosaurs)
Have you been on any spontaneous trips recently? Let me know on Twitter/Instagram. Stay tuned for my next post which is all about my home town.

Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment