Wednesday 26 August 2015

Self Love Summer Revisited...

Hey Everyone,

You may have seen at the beginning of summer I posted about how I wanted to decrease my insecurities and have a summer full of self love. Well as summer is drawing to a close I am reflecting back on the summer to see if my little experiment worked. (Featuring pictures from throughout the summer, some selfies, sorry)
(Giggles on a night out with friends)
Overall I would say that I am definitely happier. I started this summer ridiculously hung up on someone who was not worth even an ounce of my time and I shouldn't have let it effect me but I did and it did not make me feel great about myself at all! It is safe to say that I don't feel hung up on him at all and can stomach myself a little more (crazy how us girls let guys make us feel so bad) and looking back I realise it was just stupid. I am in a much better place and enjoying my own company and I am 100% ok being single and if I meet someone I meet someone and if I don't it is all ok.
(Spontaneous hair chopping = instant confidence boost)
Exercise wise I didn't do too great. The running didn't stick for long, but hey I tried. I did however join a gym last week and I just got loads of new gym gear so hopefully I can get the bug and then my body confidence will go through the roof. However I do love my lumps and bumps a little more. Diet wise as well I did start eating better but long days with no structure did take their toll and biscuits were well needed. I tried and I will definitely try again once back at work (even with tea and cake friday).
(Surprise birthday drinks, reminding me I have the best friends ever and I am more than loved)
I recently got into a whole new beauty regime and new make-up which has made me feel so much more confident with my looks. Buying new clothes every month although it has killed my bank balance has also made me feel 100% better about myself as I realise I can pull off the latest trends and in fact I do really enjoy a lot of them.
(This cheeky little pup has been making every day a barrel of laughs)
Even if we haven't had much of a summer (the weather has been awful) I definitely feel better in myself. Being that little bit selfish and focusing on me has done me wonders. I smile a lot more, which for a girl with a usual 'speak to me and i'll kill you' resting face, this has done me wonders as people have found me so much more approachable. Obviously I still have my moments where I panic about things and I have evenings where I get emotional and sad but those nights have gone down an awful lot. It really has been an eye opening summer and I am so glad I did it. I am also hopefully going to try and continue this mentality throughout the rest of the year and I'm sure in no time at all I'll be loving myself even more (but not too much, I don't want to be an arrogant diva, ok maybe I want to be a diva... just not an arrogant one).
(a night out in an outfit I thought I rocked)
Did any of you have an eye opening summer like me? Are you loving yourself a little more after this summer? Let me know on Twitter/Instagram.

See you Sunday,
Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment